After church this morning Anthony, Bryce and I hit the beach! It is awesome, we go to early church and are out in the sand by 10:00! We were having a great time. Bryce is really enjoying playing in the sand this year. We've been going to the bay side of the beach where there are no waves and he feels much better about getting in by himself. It is way too cold for Anthony and me right now!
We were having a great time watching Bryce play and enjoying being outside. A lady walked by with a metal detector (you know those random people who take those to beaches hoping some idiot has left behind something valuable!). Bryce was curious of course so she talked to us about it for a minute, then said she was off to search for some 'bling'--her words, not mine! I laughed and told her good luck. Then it hit me. MY RINGS!! I had taken them off to put on sunscreen and put them on my 'shelf' aka baby crunchy, aka my huge preggo belly and forgotten about them! I had gotten up and down from my chair, rubbed my feet in the sand and even moved my chair a little since we had sat down. Anthony went and searched the Yukon just in case, but I could see them sitting on my belly. I knew they were forever in the sand at Pensacola Beach! I immediately sat down with Bryce's sand toys, the sifter things came in handy today, but was having no luck at all. After a very long 10 mins. or so I found the engagement ring in front of Bryce's chair. Anthony ran after the lady with the metal detector and she and her husband came all the way back and found the other one! I know we wouldn't have found that one without the metal detector. It had gotten buried pretty deep. I will never laugh at those things again! Whew!!!
Back to School 2021
5 years ago
4 comments:
You are sooooo lucky! From now on take them off and leave them at home when we are headed to the beach! You will pick up way more guys with the pregger belly if you have no rings on! #;^)
you poor thing! You're so lucky to have found them! i always laugh at those people, too, who have the metal detectors.
hope you have a wonderful mothers day! wyndi steven and Izzy
It was fate! Good thing she was there, I could have used her when I lost mine! But I wonder if it picks up titanium???
Post a Comment